Google said that BGMI has been removed from the Google Play Store only on the orders of the government: Battlegrounds Mobile India (BGMI) has been removed from the Google Play Store and iOS App Store. Which came as a shock to the fans who celebrated the 1st anniversary of this game a few days back. This unfortunate turn of events has given rise to many questions.
A while back gamers had plenty of arguments for removal, many of which pointed to a bug or a technical issue. Nonetheless, Google has issued an official statement regarding the problem, which explains the situation quite a bit.
Google said that BGMI has been removed from the Google Play Store only on the orders of the government
Nothing society was coming to gamers about the removal of BGMI from the two major stores and was looking for answers. However, Google has confirmed that the title was removed from the Play Store on the orders of the government.
Fans are shocked by this revelation, as there has been no official announcement from the Indian government, as happened with the banning of PUBG Mobile in 2020. So it is not clear why the government has issued this decision to stop this application.
Crafton recently said it has already invested $100 million in the country to expand beyond gaming.
Gamers can read a statement from Google spokesperson Manish Singh:-
Google statement: “On receipt of the order, following established process, we have notified the affected developer and have blocked access to the app that remained available on the Play Store in India.”— Manish Singh (@refsrc) July 28, 2022
Despite BGMI’s removal from the App Store, players have not reported any problems with BGMI or disruption of services – except for transactions. They cannot buy premium currency within the Battle Royale title, which can be directly attributed to its removal. Whenever they try to get the UC they face an error message.
The popularity of BGMI in the country can be gauged from the fact that it has already crossed 100 million registered gamers. At the same time, the developers had already announced the official e-sports roadmap for the entire year, with the total prize pool in crores.
It is uncertain how future events will unfold. For the time being, players can wait for an official announcement from Crafton about the incident.