There are tons of incredible katanas available in the Elden Ring. Spells and katanas are heavily supported in the current meta of RPGs, with many players opting to invest runes in Dex as well as Intelligence and Arcane.
While all katanas from katana to moon wheel are quite popular among players, one weapon, in particular, has caught the attention of many. Rivers of Blood Katana is the best in the business when it comes to applying the ‘bleed’ status effect.
Such weapons are highly sought after by players who like to play around with ‘Blood Loss’ as it has an incredible 66 bleed buildup. However, this isn’t the only reason behind its popularity, as River of Blood’s weapon prowess, the Corps Pillar, allows one to repeatedly spin a blade of cursed blood around, making it incredibly powerful in a variety of situations.
It is quite difficult to find weapons in the game, the players who want to get the katana. Below is a guide for them.
Get the Rivers of Blood Katana in Elden Ring
The River of Blood katana isn’t something that players will be able to obtain in the early parts of the game. They’ll need to make a good deal in the Story of the Elden Ring and at least reach the Mountaintops of the Giants in the story before they’re eligible to receive it.
Therefore, in order to receive the rivers of blood, stigmatized people will need the following:-
- Continuing in the legend of the Elden Ring, you will reach the Mountains of the Giants, and gain access to the Church of Repose which is located on the southeast side of the area.
- Players will be attacked by an NPC known as Bloody Finger Okina, who will be the ones running the rivers of blood katana.
- It is by defeating this invader the player will be able to get the weapon in the form of a drop. However, the fight itself is quite challenging, and players are not recommended to engage in encounters if they feel they are a little too low level for the area.
- The invader is quite aggressive, able to deal a significant amount of blood loss damage if the status effects are allowed to pile up.
- The enemy is also quite aggressive with its moves, and doesn’t allow players to gain much space or time to peck at their Crimson Tears to recover their health.
- After defeating the invading NPC, Elden Ring Tarnished will be automatically rewarded with Rivers.
With 12 Power, 18, Dexterity and 20 Mystical required to wield the weapon, the katana develops incredibly well with both Dexterity and Mystical.
Its blood loss buildup is one of the best in the Elden Ring, and while it doesn’t allow ashes of war to be applied to it, its built-in weapon skill, the Corps Pillar, is incredibly powerful.