Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Online Apply 2022: If you have also got the honor of being the father of a daughter, then you should know about Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. With your small savings, you can provide a secure future for your daughter. Prime Minister Narendra Modi started the Sukanya Samridhi Yojana in his first term.
You can open a Sukanya Samriddhi Account in any bank as well as a post office. The Sukanya Samridhi Yojana is a very attractive scheme of the Center to secure the future of the daughter. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana From its launch till now, this scheme has proved to be very popular.
|Name of the scheme||Sukanya Samriddhi Yojna (SYY)|
|Ministry||Ministry of Women and Child Welfare, Government of India|
|RBI Notification No.||G.S.R.863(E)|
|Current interest rate||7.6%|
|Scheme type||Saving scheme|
|Official Portal||Click Here|
The special feature of this scheme is that any person who has a maximum of 2 daughters below 10 years can make the future of the daughter bright by investing just Rs 250.
You can go to any government bank or post office to open a Sukanya account by giving birth certificates to the daughter. Along with this, the guardian will have to submit his photo, address, and identity proof. By investing in this scheme of the government, you get the benefit of tax saving along with better returns.
How To Open Sukanya Account For Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
The method of opening a Sukanya account in the bank is very straightforward. For this, you have to go to the nearest bank, where bank officials can assist you. All you have to do is fill out the application form for Sukanya Yojana with documents and a minimum deposit amount of Rs.250.
Your Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account will be opened successfully once the documents are authenticated. The individual should be the depositor and thus manage the account till the girl child reaches the age of 10 years.
How to check Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account balance online
How much money have you deposited so far in the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account and how much interest you have got till now? You can find this information online. For this, you will have to get the password of online banking from your bank or post office. If you are already availing of this facility then you can easily check your savings status.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account can be opened in Rs.250
You can open a Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account through any post office and bank present across the country. The special thing is that in this you can open an account with a minimum amount of Rs 250. He will have to give his birth certificate by going to the bank or post office. Along with this, the guardian will have to submit his photo, address, and identity proof. You can also deposit more money if you want. The maximum investment limit under this scheme is Rs 1.5 lakh. For Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, you have to invest for 21 years.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account can be opened only in the name of a girl child
Only one account can be opened in the name of a girl child. A guardian can open an account in the name of not more than 2 daughters. If twins or triplets are born together, then the third girl child will also get the benefit.
How long will one have to invest in the Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account?
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account can be opened till the girl child turns 10 years old. The amount has to be deposited in the account for the first 14 years. Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana matures after 21 years. That is, you can withdraw money only after 21 years. However, if the daughter gets married after the age of 18, then the money can be withdrawn. Apart from this, after the age of 18, you can withdraw up to 50 percent of the money for the education of the daughter.
Documents Required for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account
To open an account under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana, the applicant will have to submit the birth certificate of his daughter along with the form to the post office or bank. Apart from this, the identity card (PAN card, ration card, driving license, passport) of the child and the parents and the proof of where they are living (passport, ration card, electricity bill, telephone bill, water bill) will have to be submitted.
Tax exemption after opening Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Account
Tax exemption can be availed under Section 80C of the Income Tax Act by investing in Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana. The amount received on maturity is not taxed.
Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana Online Apply
An online account under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana can be opened in any authorized bank or post office across the country. The account is opened by the parents or legal guardians of the girl child provided they have to submit the birth certificate of the girl child and other necessary documents.
Some terms and conditions for opening an account under Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- The account matures on completion of 21 years from the day of opening of Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana account, but the condition is that if the daughter gets married before the completion of 21 years of the account, then the account has to be closed there. It is not allowed to operate further.
- Earlier the account of only two daughters could be opened but now you can open three accounts also. For that, you will have to give an affidavit along with the birth certificate.
- Now the third account in the name of the daughter can be opened in case of twin girl child birth as second birth or if three girl child is born in the first birth itself.
- If Rs 250 is not deposited annually in the account, then it will be treated as a default account, but under the scheme, the interest rate in that account will continue to accrue on the existing deposit amount.
- The SSY account will not be allowed to be handled till the daughter turns 18.
- There is a 100% security guarantee from the government.
- Even after maturity, the deposit amount will continue to earn the same interest amount till the account is closed.
Authorized Banks for Sukanya Samriddhi Yojana
- Indian Overseas Bank (IOB)
- Indian Bank
- Punjab National Bank (PNB)
- IDBI Bank
- ICICI Bank
- Syndicate Bank
- State Bank of Bikaner & Jaipur (SBBJ)
- State Bank of Travancore (SBT)
- Oriental Bank of Commerce (OBC)
- State Bank of Hyderabad (SBH)
- Punjab & Sind Bank (PSB)
- Union Bank of India
- UCO Bank
- United Bank of India
- Vijaya Bank
- Allahabad Bank
- State Bank of India (SBI)
- Axis Bank
- Andhra Bank
- Bank of Maharashtra (BOM)
- Bank of India (BOI)
- Corporation Bank
- Central Bank of India (CBI)
- Canara Bank
- Dena Bank
- Bank of Baroda (BOB)
- State Bank of Patiala (SBP)
- State Bank of Mysore (SBM